BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Project Manager in Ireland
Job Description Summary
The Difference of One
Are you ready to make a difference in this world? Do you want to be part of a team that develops ground-breaking medical and biotechnology services and devices? One person can make a singular difference in saving and improving lives. At BD, we are looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you. BD, a company standing on 120 years of innovation in medical technology, is currently recruiting talented individuals to join our new Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick. BD’s purpose is to advance the world of health. As part of our team, you will be on the forefront of creating and developing specialized devices, software solutions and systems to help others. Our new Centre in Limerick provides you with cutting edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius. You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
Be the Project Manager
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of project management principals
• Actively use project management tools to independently manage medium/large-sized projects
• Organize and manage work streams for all SQE projects, domestic and international resources
• Manage the change of resources from traditional silo-structure to a service-oriented global resource pool
• Develop tools and processes for work intake, resource allocation and skill set pairing
• Manage SQE portion of projects using Microsoft Project or other tools
• Proactively identify variance, propose mitigation and escalate as necessary
• Promote FOCUS culture within SQE
• Collaborate and partner with stakeholders to ensure effective levels of transparency into the SQE organization
• Promote software quality indicatives by measuring and managing the SQE org to be more efficient and accurate in estimating over time
Minimum Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Business Management
3+ years of Project Management experience
Experience managing large cross-functional teams (quality, software, testing, hardware)
Software experience within regulated environment (medical devices, finance, insurance, e-commerce industries preferred)
Excellent organization and communication skills
Not afraid to challenge the norm
Interpret resource and project data into decision making information
Advanced knowledge of MS project, Visio, excel, PowerPoint etc.
Experience with enterprise CRM and resource planning software tools (project server etc. )
Experience managing large resource pools, budgets and overall project or program level responsibilities.
The BD Difference
BD, founded in 1897, is a global medical technology company with over 40,000 associates in over 100 countries. We create specialized devices, solutions and systems to address many of the world’s most pressing healthcare needs. We operate under a single purpose: “to advance the world of health”. We have been a strong employer presence in Ireland for over 50 years. Join us and be our newest team member making the difference!
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Join our external EMEA Talent Community here: http://bd.tal3nt.community/
Primary Work Location
IRL - BD Research Centre Ireland
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.