BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Senior Accountant in Tuas, Singapore
Job Description Summary
Responsible for leading and directing BDMS Finance function. Act as a catalyst to drive plant’s financial performance through the provision of relevant financial analysis and guidance to all value streams.
Ensures that financial reporting is in accordance comply with reporting requirements of U.S. GAAP, BD guidelines and local statutory regulations.
Be the Finance lead for the company’s new project initiatives relating to product & capacity.
1.01 Direct all Management Accounting activities.
• Manage the monthly management & WW reporting .
• Responsible for managing & liaison with the internal audit
• Lead the annual standard cost setting process with the operations & corporate SAP standard cost setting team.
1.02 Act as enabler to Operations Managers to have clear line of sight of their value stream impact to the Plant performance.
• Assist value stream in measuring CI plan, ensure accurate appraisal and review of major capital expenditure. Train value stream leaders in understanding key financial concept to drive business & operational goals.
• Develop scenario cost estimate to support product cost deployment & capacity expansion
• Provide cost vs benefit financial analysis to aid value stream leader in making make/buy decisions.
1.03 Lead the financial planning process.
• Responsible for the preparation of the quarterly projections, annual budgeting, annual strategic review plans for the plant’s operations. Financial plans that are informative, meet management needs and are prepared in a timely and efficient manner.
• Drive for capital expediture accuracy and its compliance to BD Corporate Policy.
1.04 Manage productivity improvement projects to ensure that financial targets are well planned & tracked, resulting in the delivery of projects goals with maximum efficiency and on time.
• Provide financial leadership to manage productivity improvement projects.
• Be the key finance lead for new products transfer between sites
1.05 Leadership Development
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with internal and external customers and gains their understanding, cooperation and respect.
• Foster a strong team and members to excel in their areas of responsibilities, provide coaching and challenging goals
1.06 Acts as a SOX 404 Control owner for Manufacturing- Production Execution & Costing and FTS- Inventory Management.
1.07 Safety & ISO 14001 Environmental accountability: Ensure a safe, healthy and environmentally-friendly workplace by observing Company's rules and procedures. Active involvement in prevention, elimination of potential safety hazards and participation in activities which promotes recycling, replacement and reduction of resource material.
1.08 Safety & health accountability: Safety and health are important to BD and we encourage the observance of all safety programs and training assigned to you. Such programs are to be attended in a timely manner to ensure that work tasks carried out are in accordance to our safety guidelines and SOPs.
1.09 Act as a catalyst for change to respond appropriately to business goals.
1.10 Perform any other adhoc tasks / activities as assigned.
Key Competencies & Requirements
An Accountancy degree or professionally qualified, with 6-8 years or more relevant experience. Has some supervisory experience.
ERP experience (SAP preferred), proficient in Microsoft Office including strong MS Excel skills.
Strong system knowledge of SAP, Hyperion & excellent grasp of manufacturing process & its impact on financial processes. Has led projects involving inter department associates.
Able to take initiative to lead team in a fast paced environment.
Able to work in a matrix organization & influence without control.
Primary Work Location
SGP Tuas - Tuas Plant
SG Normal Office 0745-1645 (Singapore)
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.