BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Production Technician (Technician 2) in Tuas, Singapore
Job Description Summary
This role is a member of the Shift Team reporting to the Team Leader which supports the manufacturing activities, including equipment set-up, troubleshooting, and maintenance of machines.
A. General Accountability
1) Safety and ISO14001 Environmental accountability. Ensure a safe, healthy and environmentally-friendly workplace by observing Company’s rules and procedures. Active involvement in prevention, elimination of potential safety hazards and participation in activities which promotes recycling, replacement and reduction of resource materials
2) Safety & health accountability: Safety and health are important to BD and we encourage the observance of all safety programs and training assigned to you. Such programs are to be attended in a timely manner to ensure that work tasks carried out are in accordance to our safety guidelines and SOPs.
3) Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) accountability. Observing GMP rules and procedures.
4) Apply SOP and/or SWI in daily operations.
5) Observe BD Code of Ethics
6) Reporting up on all incidents / accidents, near misses, deviations from plan and when required, to take part in further investigations.
B. Operation Tasks
1) Operate on machine/process units as assigned.
2) Perform trouble-shooting for machine / equipment failures to meet production targets and quality standards and/or specifications.
3) Perform Preventive Maintenance (Cleaning, Service, Replace)
4) While operating on machine to perform tasks, always check and record the machine or process parameters and take containment and corrective actions if necessary to ensure that machine or process is under control.
5) Sampling inspection of parts as per Quality plan to ensure that the products are within specifications. If out of specification, handle the disposition of non-conforming products as and when required by the Quality plan
6) Support Team Leader to execute changes and projects within production area and ensuring compliance to EHS requirements, quality, cost and schedule.
7) Perform product/machine changeover on the line by clearing the previous lot parts, change of materials, tool/die change and minor machine set-up and keying in the necessary information into the machine MES satellite.
8) Coordinate with Manufacturing Assistant on the following tasks:
Maintain housekeeping and cleaning of machine and work area to ensure neat, tidy and safe working environment.
Accuracy in update of machine MES satellite e.g. correct component lot numbers, accurate shift output, waste and downtime.
Manage Material handling activities which include packing/unpacking, loading/unloading
C. Supporting Tasks
1) Contribute into departments activities that are needed in order to achieve goals set for the department eg. Kaizen submission, team building, safety kaizen submission, 20Keys and others.
2) Participate in the discussion and review of team's performance in the daily shift changeover meeting.
3) Participate in continuous improvement initiative / activities.
4) Perform any other tasks as assigned.
2. Knowledge & Experience
A) Minimum Primary Education
B) Competency Assessment in accordance to work task assigned.
3. Supervision / Reporting Relartionships
A) Refer to VS Organization Chart
A) Product Quality & Daily Output
Primary Work Location
SGP Tuas - Tuas Plant
SG 12C (Singapore)
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.