BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Operations Product Planner in Tuas, Singapore
Job Description Summary
• Manages, and monitor Contract Manufacturer’s build & delivery plan to ensure timely supply to BD affiliates.
• Able to liaise with contract manufacturers, suppliers and internal departments on resolving issues pertaining to material supply continuity, finished product delivery and sales orders.
• Consigned material planning & replenishment into Contract Manufacturer. Maintain scrap & obsolescence cost at minimum.
• Assess and report on on-time delivery and develop proactive measures to improve delivery
• Perform ad hoc analysis and maintenance of supply metrics
• Involve in cross functional team to drive operations excellence, and continuous improvement
• Able to communicate professionally with contract manufactures, suppliers and various internal departments to ensure that all purchases and matters related to procurement are carried out in accordance with company procedure
• Support as subject matter expert representing Material group to assigned Operations team.
Monitor Contract Manufacturer (CM) Planning
Gather BD affiliates replenishment requirement and provide 24 months rolling requirement forecast to CM.
Monitor to ensure CM optimize their available resources and co-ordinate with related functions to ensure build and delivery plan compliant to plan and target.
Transfer CM detailed delivery schedule into BD requirement plan and share with BD affiliates in a timely manner and work with CM to ensure smooth supply to BD affiliates.
Monitor CM production and delivery status to ensure on time delivery to meet BD mixed & volume compliance metric.
Coordinate the billing activities for delivery from CM to BD affiliates to prevent delay in shipment.
Transfer CM finished good inventory into BD inventory report and share with BD Finance. Coordinate credit/debit note from CM when applicable for Finance posting into BD system.
Establish ordering process guideline for the supply from CM to new BD affiliate site. Linking BD affiliate to GAR APEX planning team to setup SAP system.
Work with BD affiliates to place inter-co order to trigger purchase order to CM.
Coordinate finished good purchase info pricing & open POs update in SAP system per approved new pricing from CM.
Work with Logistic to resolve issue arise during shipment arrangement.
Monitor CM Material Planning & Replenishment
Work with CM to ensure BD required safety stock target is replenished and in stock timely upon safety stock is being consumed to backfill BD urgent seasonal demand surge.
Responsible for consignment of material buying activities such as coordinate the PR/PO placement, expediting and scheduling to ensure no material shortages
Validate CM consigned material inventory report and share with BD Finance. Coordinate credit/debit note from CM when applicable for Finance posting into BD system.
Responsible for data entry into SAP for monthly consigned material scrappage, receiving & physical inventories adjustment.
Support ah-hoc request from Global team in material purchase from Jabil for validation.
Publish management reports relating to build, shipment, backorder, schedule compliance and consigned material inventory. Ensure reports are available on time.
Participate in all relevant meeting from CM or BD Penang manufacturing team or Global team related to Veritor
Perform any other tasks as assigned.
Primary Work Location
SGP Tuas - Tuas Plant
SG Normal Office 0745-1645 (Singapore)
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.