BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Manager, Warehouse, ETO & Shrinkwrap in Tuas, Singapore
Job Description Summary
1) Provide leadership and supervision for logistics Admin & Operation activities to ensure that all customer internal and external requirements for documentation, compliance, quality, time, services respond and cost are met. Working toward continuous improvement to balance work load and established shipment pattern according to vessel schedule availability.
2) Provides leadership and supervision for assigned work groups - Sterilization & Shrinkwrap. Working toward meeting both internal and external customer requirements in terms of compliance, quality, time, service response, and cost are met.
3) Control yearly Warehouse, Shrinkwrap and ETO spending per budget and provide quarterly forecast submission.
4) Provide facilitation and coaching to next successor level of sucessor in managing, driving daily operation in meeting SQDC and leadership duties.
5) Attend weekly Production Council meeting and proactive provide constructive feedback, suggestion and ideas.
Support plant production Clusters Operations and improvement initiatives.
6) Ensuring that all plant safety, quality, performance, metrics, team development and goals are consistently on track.
7) Facilitate the SSU meeting to enhance, motivate, innovates ideas and coach problem solving tools.
8) To facilitate and making sure meeting requirments on Safety, Quality, local regulations and compliance are met.
9) Provides leadership and management of in-house sterilization process and sterilization service contractors in the provision of sterilization services .
10) Works with external sterilizer to established and maintain on time and predictable flow of products to BD and maintain transportation cost to the minimum.
11) Develop strong partnership with Carriers, Forwarders, Hauliers and external warehouse providers to ensure high standard of services, smooth flow of transportation with competitive cost and provide alternative or feedback if necessary.
1) Manage Department (Warehouse, ETO & Swrap) yearly budget and quarterly spending submission along with relevant supporting data and working files. Ensure actual spending as per budgeted amount.
2) Managing Department Yearly & quarter Capex submission to ensure on track, spend as per projected amount and time-frame.
3) Raise department CB2 for forecasted capital expenditures and follow up on the purchase requisitions, purchase orders and implementation.
4) Provide facilitation to ensure maintain high standard of customer service to both internal and external customer.
5) Track department key performance indicator on SQDC
6) Ensure respective department activities perform as per system operating procedure, OJT, Risk assessment, Safety, SOX, GMP and GDP requirements.
7) Succession planning for next successor and monthly follow-up meeting.
8) Resources are fully utilizes, proactively improve capability, continuous versatile learning and multi-skill work force/Hydra organization.
9) Continuously drive long term strategies for continuous improvement initiatives program to promote continuous flow of products, space optimization & expansion, proper segregation, auto-mate handling & data entry process into system, ensure customer service excellent and cost saving/avoidance to plant.
10) Review, facilitate and provide guidance and assistance to ensure compliance and on time delivery to customers with also timely transaction into SAP. Facilitate booking, monitoring and tracking of shipment container, vessel and freight.
11) Conduct weekly walkabout and continuously drive for improvements in 5S, Safety, quality, WIP at staging areas and space utilization.
12) Organize and plan for associates development short and long term needs.Provide facilitation & coaching skill in problem solving tools analysis, impactful corrective and preventive action.
13) Works with external sterilizer/service provider, monitor, addressing operation, scheduling, predictable movement flow of products to & from and seek for continuous improvement.
14) Participate and drive for customer satisfaction with internal and external customer’s relation by fostering communication through mail, telephone exchanges and other correspondences.
15) Promote Safety works environment thru ensuring all safety regulation or compliant as the main priorities or considerations.
16) Safety & ISO 14001 Environmental accountability: Ensure a safe, healthy and environmentally friendly workplace by observing Company’s rules and procedures. Active involvement in prevention, elimination of potential safety hazards and participation in activities which promotes recycling, replacement and reduction of resource materials.
17) Safety & health accountability: Safety and health are important to BD and we encourage the observance of all safety programs and training assigned to you. Such programs are to be attended in a timely manner to ensure that work tasks carried out are in accordance to our safety guidelines and SOPs.
18) Perform any other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience
2.01Diploma/Degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management
2.03Proficient in spreadsheet software
2.04Minimum 5 years relevant experience
Primary Work Location
SGP Tuas - Tuas Plant
SG Normal Office 0745-1645 (Singapore)
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.