BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Assignment Of Benefits Specialist - Medical in Stuart, Florida
Job Description SummaryAre you passionate about helping people? Liberator Medical, part of the BD family of companies is offers Higher Pay, Incentives, Medical Benefits and 401K day ONE!
In this role you will facilitate obtaining new or updated assignment of benefit forms from patients in order to effectively process billing and receive payments on their behalf.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Completes outbound calls to customers that have received a request to complete an AOB or
assignment of benefit form
2. Reviews the form and answers billing questions to include providing a new form or facilitating
ease of receipt for the AOB form
3. Documents account notes to indicate request date of form and status of receipt
4. Notates account information when AOB is received and provides to appropriate department
for any further follow‐up.
5. Match shipping documentation to the patient’ order
6. Work miscellaneous projects and tasks on an as needed basis
III. ANCILLARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain a positive work atmosphere that embodies Liberator’s philosophy‐ Professional excellence,
teamwork and integrity.
2. Performs other duties and tasks as assigned
IV. REPORTING RELATIONSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES
__x__ No supervisory responsibilities
__ ___ Provides work direction only
_____Provides work direction plus has responsibility for hiring, promotions, transfers, performance
management, discipline, and discharge.
Page 2 of 3 Form Document Created: 12/6/2011 2:05 PM
V. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OR QUALIFICATIONS (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
a. Education/Experience: High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); one to two years
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Language: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret medical supply publications, technical
procedures, and/or training tools. Ability to write internal and external business
correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from
management, team members, and/or customers.
2. Math: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions,
proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply intermediate math skills .
3. Reasoning: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to
interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Advanced analytical reasoning to include ability to forecast exponentials within work flow
processes and reason against outside factors.
4. Computer: Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, Access or other database software.
5. Telecommunications: ability to utilize or knowledge of call center telecommunications
c. Licensure or Certifications required: No certifications required
VI. WORK REQUIREMENTS
1. Ability to work some evening shifts, weekends, and overtime as needed
VII. PHYSICAL DEMANDS (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. ) While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit; use hands
to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.
VIII. WORK ENVIRONMENT (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. ) While performing the duties of this position, the employee performs tasks in a temperature
controlled office environment under normal office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate. The work environment involves minimal exposure to hazards or physical risks, which
require following basic safety precautions.
Primary Work LocationUSA FL - Stuart Airport Road
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.