BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Utah Synergy Project Engineering Manager in Sandy, Utah
Job Description SummaryThe Project Team Leader is expected to drive the synergy program for BD Sandy. This is accomplished through designing, building, and successfully launching innovative production machines, as well as training, mentoring, leading and managing engineers and engineering technicians who are members of the team. The Project Team Leader is both a leader and an individual contributor, expected to guide and manage the overall team, while independently completing a significant amount of engineering work.
1. Coordinate the design, construction and testing of new automation equipment, in accordance with internal design specifications and applicable regulatory requirements.
2. Lead the project team in successfully delivery all pieces of equipment on time and on target.
3. Help team members plan their work in accordance with team priorities.
4. Collaborate with team members in solving difficult technical problems, consult with outside resources as needed.
5. Identify training needs and develop them to improve their capabilities and grow in ways that are beneficial to both the individual and the company.
6. Coordinate and communicate engineering projects across departments and functional groups, including involving department managers in the project prioritization process.
7. Influence individuals that do not report to you.
8. Support the implementation of new processes and automation projects on the manufacturing floor.
9. Assist in selecting and defining projects, project budgets, and project timelines.
10. Provide input into the engineering and manufacturing department’s budgets. Assist with project CB-2 development.
11. Contribute new ideas, and find innovative methods to accomplish goals.
12. Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including safety and environmental regulations.
13. Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
B.S. degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
4-6 years of experience in an engineering field related to mechanical & electrical design, process development, and support of manufacturing equipment.
Strong engineering skills related to designing, building, and qualifying automated production equipment.
Preferred 1-2 years’ experience with managing people
Good interpersonal skills, including team leadership, conflict resolution, negotiation, and time management.
Excellent written communication skills, including creating design drawings, electrical wiring diagrams, bills of materials, and other equipment documentation.
Excellent verbal communication skills, including facilitation of meetings and design reviews, and representing the team as a member of the Plant Engineering Leadership Team.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status