BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) MTI Extrusion Technician in Sandy, Utah
Job Description SummaryAssist Extrusion Development Engineer in the setup and operation of extrusion lines in the Manufacturing Technology Innovation (MTI) Polymer Processing Lab. Provide support in developing new extrusion processes and production of tubing in support of New Product Development projects and manufacturing scale-up.
Job Description :
1. Assist with the development of new extrusion processes by interfacing with personnel from MTI, R&D, Quality and Operations.
2. Coordinate and carry out process development and extended extrusion runs in support of new product development and extrude-ability / scale-ability activities.
3. Responsible to perform machine set-ups, changeovers, tooling set/pull, troubleshooting, and equipment maintenance with little or no supervision for Extrusion.
4. Communicate in an effective, timely, and appropriate manner to all associates (i.e. peers, support teams and management) including escalating issues.
5. Responsible for procurement of raw materials and equipment required for lab operation.
6. Assist in routine department business functions and activities for improving overall MTI effectiveness.
7. Responsible for safety and cleanliness of the Polymer Processing Lab.
8. Demonstrate initiative and innovation in actions/ideas, respectively, with constant vision toward execution of his/her assignment(s).
9. Work overtime as needed by the department. Work flexible hours as business needs require.
10. Responsible for preparation of Standards of Performance in accordance with assigned tasks, MTI goals, business goals and personal goals.
11. Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
12. Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Drive for Results
Can be counted on to achieve goals successfully
Is constantly and consistently a performer who adds value
Very bottom-line oriented
Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
Is dedicated to establishing and meeting the needs and expectations of internal and external customers
Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
Establishes foundation of credibility based on integrity and past performance
Gives compelling reasons for ideas and recommendations
Is attentive to the different ways that others are persuaded
Gains acceptance by understanding the viewpoints of others and seeking win/win solutions
Continuous and Versatile Learning
Has the job, functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
Quickly learns new skills and knowledge
Learns quickly when facing new problems; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
Analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; learns from feedback/coaching
Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done
Understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow
Can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources
Dealing with Ambiguity
Can effectively cope with change
Can decide and act appropriately without having the total picture
Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High School diploma/GED plus five years of experience operating and maintaining plastic processing equipment, or A.S. in technical field related to job function plus two years of experience operating and maintaining plastic processing equipment (extrusion and/or molding equipment) preferred
Ability to interpret drawings and specifications
Effective written and oral communication skills (English), math skills and interpersonal skills
Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status