BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Mold Maker in Sandy, Utah
Job Description SummaryWith minimal supervision, primarily trouble shooting, repairing and maintaining plastic injection molds and liquid silicon molds. Produce new, machined prototype parts, injection mold parts, and various other manufacturing components to support a 24/7 operational molding facility. Work from verbal instructions, hand sketches, or complicated blueprints. Work is checked against design with the use of precision measuring tools.
1. Evaluate tooling, troubleshoot problems, and help train Mold Techs.
2. Manage time without supervision.
3. Be willing to work overtime and/ or be on call for weekend repairs.
4. Ensure that tools and inventory are available looking forward.
5. Complete team assignments to support work load requirements.
6. Ensure all equipment and area are properly cleaned and maintained per PM, 5S guidelines, and safety.
7. Actively participate in Continuous Improvement activities (as required), making suggestions and otherwise improving processes, quality, and productivity.
8. Experience with cad & cam systems - MasterCam, Solidworks or Espirit experience preferred.
9. Occasionally develop complex jigs, dies & fixtures to support production as well as prototypes for engineering needs. Work closely with Engineers to design and develop parts and prototypes.
10. Consistently maintain precision manufacturing tolerances of +/-0.0005" and +/-0.0002".
11. Read, interpret, and understand all types of blueprints and machine drawings (standard and metric).
12. Capable of using various precision measurement devices and techniques.
13. Work overtime as needed by the department. Work flexible hours as business needs require.
14. Communicate in an effective, timely, and appropriate manner to all associates (i.e. peers, support teams and management) including escalating issues.
15. Check and respond to email daily, maintain compliance with electronic training requirements as due dates require.
16. Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
17. Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
18. Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma / GED
Five years of related experience with Plastic injection molds and liquid silicon molds. Journeyman card preferred.
Competent use of mills, lathes, grinders, and EDM preferred.
Interpret drawings and specifications
Competent use of precision measurement equipment such as Micrometer, Calipers, ToolmakerMicroscope, various indicators, etc.
Effective written and oral communications skills, math skills, and interpersonal skills
Basic computer skills- experience with Outlook and Microsoft Word & Excel preferred
Work Environment & Essential Physical Functions:
This position is in a clean room or laboratory manufacturing environment and the physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions (Per the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990)
The incumbent may be frequently required to stand and/or occasionally sit for extended periods of time. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required. While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to episodes of walking, kneeling, balancing, crouching, pushing/pulling, repetitive grasping, hearing, twisting, lifting, frequent use of hand to finger, handle, feel, pick or type which can include repetitive motion of the wrists, hands or fingers.
The incumbent may occasionally be required to climb.
The incumbent may occasionally be required to lift to 50 lbs., frequently lift up to 25 lbs., occasionally pulling/pushing up to 30 lbs., frequently pushing/pulling up to 25 lbs., frequently carry up to 25 lbs.
The position will almost always have exposure to work near moving mechanical equipment, and potential temperature fluctuations.
Occasionally the position will have exposure to fumes, airborne particles, hazardous chemicals, cleaning compounds and solvents.
The incumbent may be exposed to noise levels in the work environment moderate to loud.
Employees must have normal field of vision corrected to 20/40 in each eye and must have hearing sufficient to safely operate material handling equipment in amanufacturing/distributionenvironment.
The incumbent must be willing and able to wear required PPE such as, safety glasses, face mask and/or shield, hearing protection, safety shoes, hair and beard net and smock.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 7am-330pm (United States of America)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.