BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Extrusion operator in Sandy, Utah
Job Description Summary
This is a Night Shift Position.
- Demonstrate the ability to become certified on all types of equipment within the Extrusion Department. Perform all duties required of an Extrusion Operator in addition to the listed responsibilities.
- Responsible to produce quality products per the established standard operating procedures (SOP's) utilizing good manufacturing practices (GMP's).
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work area and demonstrating team-oriented behaviors.
- Responsible to clean the work area according to the guidelines for the cleaning of the Extrusion Department.
- Demonstrate respectful use of the property and equipment in the Extrusion Department.
- Perform machine set-ups, changeovers, troubleshooting, and maintenance with little or no supervision.
- Perform equipment adjustments within the guidelines of the process master to meet production and quality expectations.
- Complete and interpret statistical process control charts to keep the production process within limits.
- Obtain and track the necessary materials for manufacturing on work orders.
- Work overtime when required.
- Responsible to conduct Shift Start Up (SSU) meetings and maintain Primary Visual Display (PVD) boards.
- Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
- Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Be competent in basic mathematics and computer skills
- Effective communication skills are essential
- One to Four (1-4) years' experience operating and maintaining plastic processing equipment, or related experience within a production environment preferred, including all duties required of an Extrusion Operator
- Related experience should demonstrate an ability to perform within a position of significant responsibility that could be applied towards machine skills
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status