BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Extrusion Manufacturing Engineer in Sandy, Utah
Job Description SummaryPlan, design, and complete projects in extrusion manufacturing utilizing the six sigma DMAIC methodology. Create and implement new products/processes, improve productivity, reduce customer complaints, and reduce costs. Drive improvements to reduce scrap, raise quality levels and optimize processes. Work with all the functions within the Company and with outside vendors to coordinate implementation of new capital manufacturing equipment and processes to optimize production and increase capacity.
1. Develop and implement new tooling, process improvements, product/processes, and cost improvement projects.
2. Plan and coordinate the selection, procurement, installation, start-up, and qualification of new capital equipment, tooling, and fixtures for manufacturing. Responsible for medical industry required validation and documentation.
3. Perform cost improvement projects and quality improvement projects to reach World Class manufacturing goals.
4. Implement and modify manufacturing task documents in coordination with process improvements and new equipment installations.
5. Become a certified Six Sigma Greenbelt and utilize the DMAIC methodology in successful completion of projects.
6. Develop and drive project plans by identifying tasks, resource requirements, time lines, and capital and expense budgets.
7. Support and oversee polymer synthesis, compounding and extrusion from the initial chemical components to finished extruded products.
8. Maintain a safe work environment.
9. Under the direction of the Project Manager or as the Project Manager:
o Participate in the selection of Extrusion Equipment vendors.
o Develop equipment specifications from process and product specification.
o Ensure project completion on-time and within budget by tracking all project activities and providing monthly management reports showing task status.
o Provide equipment vendors with all documentation and sample components required to design, fabricate, troubleshoot, and accept equipment.
o Develop statistically valid equipment acceptance and installation protocols in conjunction with the manufacturing department personnel and Quality Engineers.
o Ensure all test methods specified in acceptance or installation protocols are properly defined and have acceptable measurement systems.
o Direct equipment acceptance testing and the results.
o Direct installation and validation of new equipment.
o Determine the training for all personnel associated with the operation of the new equipment and provide those training needs.
o Hold final project review meetings for each project and obtain the approval of all project related documentation.
10. Ensure stability in the polyurethane manufacturing process by actually doing the calculations and overseeing the operation of the equipment necessary to produce Vialon.
11. Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
12. Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status