BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Engineering Manager in Sandy, Utah
Job Description SummaryResponsible for the formulation, administration and coordination of manufacturing engineering policies and practices designed to improve quality, operating performance and controls, reduce waste and delays, and otherwise promote productivity and cost reductions as defined by the plant priorities matrix and business goals. Participate as a functioning member of the Plant Leadership Team (PLT) and Executive Steering Committee (ESC). Support manufacturing operations by managing and leading the plant engineering group, plant maintenance, machine shop and central tool crib.
1. Manage the engineering activities in the department so that product and process quality level goals, departmental goals, budget goals, etc., are met, established, and communicated.
2. Drive continuous improvement of plant engineering standards, processes, and associate development.
3. Supervise subordinate personnel including: hiring, determining workload and delegating assignments, training, monitoring and evaluating performance, and initiating corrective or disciplinary actions.
4. Establish objectives and specify the strategies and actions to achieve these objectives.
5. Develop and maintain capital and financial budgets for assigned departments.
6. Supervise others by assigning/directing work; conducting employee evaluations, staff training and development, taking appropriate disciplinary/corrective actions, making hiring/termination recommendations, etc.
7. Set goals, establish priorities, manage resources, develop concepts and approaches, review projects progress and results; make management decisions.
8. Ensure that preventative maintenance procedures and schedules are established and implemented for all equipment.
9. Manage spare parts personnel and the required inventories of all spare parts for the production equipment.
10. Collaborate with the Production Manager in supporting any improvements to the processes and/or equipment, to ensure reliability at the highest possible levels.
11. As necessary, coordinate department activities with the Production, Quality Assurance, and Materials Management departments.
12. Collaborate with R&D engineering and manage new product/ process projects from the scale-up stage through successful implementation into production.
13. Organize and manage all new product/process projects from scale-up stage through successful implementation into production.
14. Provide team leadership to Sandy ISO 14001 Environmental Management Team and Environmental Health & Safety Programs.
15. Lead the site's Environmental Management Representative.
16. Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including HCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
17. Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
18. Other duties as assigned.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status