BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Electro-Mechanic in Sandy, Utah
Job Description SummaryThe Electro-Mechanic role supports automated production lines by troubleshooting and repairing electrical and mechanical failures. The successful candidate will be strong at troubleshooting and enjoy problem solving. This position will use these skills often throughout the shift to keep the machines running to meet production goals.
This position will:
1. Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair manufacturing equipment in a high volume environment
2. Maintain, replace, and repair mechanical devices used on the manufacturing equipment
3. Maintain, replace, and repair electrical controls devices used on the manufacturing equipment
4. Use appropriate troubleshooting tools and devices
5. Read Electronic schematics to aid in troubleshooting
6. Read Mechanical prints and solid models to aid in troubleshooting
7. Provide leadership and training to other maintenance personnel.
8. Coordinate maintenance activities including emergency maintenance, preventative maintenance, Total Productive Maintenance, and any other projects.
9. Communicate on-going issues and design change ideas to Manufacturing Engineers
10. As needed, Assist Manufacturing engineers with assembly, setup, and debugging of automated machinery
11. As required, Utilize Lock Out Tag Out procedures
12. Support the production and engineering teams by providing technical assistance with both electrical controls and mechanical issues.
13. Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
14. Comply with all company policies regarding safety, Good Manufacturing Practices and ISO-9001.
15.- Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
16. Other duties, as assigned.
This position is a two week rotating 12-hour night (6pm-6am)
Example of Nights worked:
Week 1: Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat, Sun
Week 2: Wed, Thurs
A.S./A.A. degree in a manufacturing technology related field or sufficient on-the-job experience.
Four years' maintenance support experience in a high-volume, manufacturing environment, or equivalent.
Must demonstrate knowledge of mechanical components used in high-volume, automated manufacturing equipment.
Must demonstrate knowledge in electronic controls for automated manufacturing equipment.
Strong leadership skills.
Ability to operate in an environment without supervision
Experience with troubleshooting PLC controlled equipment is a plus
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status