BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Director, PMO Vascular Access Devices, MDS in Sandy, Utah
Job Description SummaryThe Vascular Access Devices (VAD) Program/Project Management Office (PMO) Director will be in charge of the entire VAD Portfolio and will have end to end responsibility from initiation to volume release on every VAD New Product Development. The VAD PMO Director will supervise the program manager team and will execute the VAD program roadmap. She or he will dotted-line report into the VP Platform Engineering VAD, and directly into the Medication Delivery Solutions PMO Senior Director. She or he will interact with the VAD multi-functional leadership as appropriate.
The PMO will lead a multifaceted organization comprising of core team leaders (project and program managers) from various product platforms and will have a strong influencing role over the direction of virtually all product platforms and projects in the MDS-VAD organization. The PMO will collaborate closely with his/her commercial colleagues to develop new innovative products that continue to solidify a market leading position in Vascular Access Devices and will also investigate and initiate programs in adjacent areas that will enable the company to serve our customers in a broader manner.
The PMO will lead successful execution of over 30+ projects annually for a $ 1 Billion business and will have to build a strong working relationship with multiple functions and leaders of various product platforms.
Working with Business Leaders, Functional Leaders, and other R&D Leaders, this role will ensure the smooth integration of the Vascular Access Devices businesses and technologies into MDS, ensuring synergies, collaborations and interactions between the legacy Bard and legacy BD teams, product portfolios and program roadmaps. This leader will be very hands on when required, and also have the skills required to both evaluate and develop strong leaders on his or her team with capabilities that align to the strategy.
• Program Execution Management (from Idea to Market)
• Project Execution Dashboards and Process discipline
• Portfolio Management
• Development of Enterprise Design Verification and Laboratory Centers of Excellence
• Strategic Review preparation
• Resource Management
• Program/Project Financial Management
• Adherence to GPDS, GPDS Processes
Primary Focus and Success Factors for role:
• Strategic partnerships (including contracting and outsource partners)
• Product development – design to commercialization
• Solutions focused, customer centric
• Design Control and Quality Focus
• Program and Portfolio management
• Execution and Drive for Results
• Process excellence; Process expert and sharing best practices for project management
• Cross-function facilitation and execution
• People leader
• Drive and assertiveness
• Global Product Development System
• Team Spirit
• Capacity to bring people together towards a common goal
• Strategic Project Planning and Goal Setting
• Project Execution and Governance
• Project Prioritization and Portfolio Alignment
• Process Improvement and Standards Development
• Leading cross-functional integration of plans and resources for product and technology portfolios, and initiating and facilitating portfolio reviews chaired by the VP-GM and attended by the platform’s worldwide leadership team.
• Delivering results and ensuring timely and robust delivery of the product development portfolio.
• Managing capital and operating budgets, setting/hitting key milestones, and upgrading organizational capabilities.
• Working closely with Marketing, Operations, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, and Finance, along with other BD entities such as BD Technologies, to ensure R&D plans and strategies are integrated with broader business unit and company activities.
• Attracting, developing, and retaining the strong team required to execute the strategic plan and provide for succession planning.
• The PMO is expected to lead and support activities in the following categories:
• Product Engineering: support and lifecycle management for all existing products including manufacturing, maintaining quality, regulatory compliance and cost improvement.
• New Product Development: responsible for the next generation of products including execution of ideas and concept to advance/augment existing product portfolios. Ensure technical rigor, governance structure and distributed phase gate structure.
• Champion for practical application of the Global Product Development System (GPDS) and improve the process for maximum effectiveness. Drive execution of product development activities that are cross-functional and multi-site. Instill discipline and process to the product development effort in order to provide timely completion of milestones, remain within budget, and foster innovation and teamwork throughout the company.
The position is primarily based in Utah. Both National and International travel will be required.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status