BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) CI Line Lead in Sandy, Utah
Job Description Summary
SCHEDULE: 12 HOURS SHIFT (Night 5:00 PM TO 5:00 AM)
The CI Line Leader is responsible to provide direction, motivation, and support to associates to achieve safety, production, quality and continuous improvement goals. This person will perform specific quality duties such as maintaining and directing team activities for quality systems, training systems and tracking systems. In addition to specific quality duties, this person will track employee attendance, track audit conformance, and facilitate resources to meet various continuous improvement goals including Kaizens, 5S, SWI’s and 20 key initiatives. Good communication and time management skills are required. This person will provide support to the Manufacturing Coach for the daily operations and overall performance. Participate in all team meetings, activities, team building initiatives, and continuous improvement activities.
1. Quality Systems responsibilities include quality inspections, facilitation of disposition of Material Review Report. Be the first responder when an issue is identified, lead the root cause and corrective actions for equipment and quality issues and escalate as required.
2. Training Systems responsibilities include monitoring of employee training and records, inspection techniques and instruction on task documents.
3. Tracking Systems responsibilities include reviewing, closing and releasing work orders.
4. Perform audits throughout the shift verifying that quality checks and processes are being performed properly. Provide feedback to associates as necessary.
5. Balances their time on the production line between production needs and CI Line Leader responsibilities. Works on the production line a minimum of 20% of the time.
6. Update and monitor accuracy of PVD boards.
7. Ensure compliance to all audit requirements and schedules.
8. Take responsibility for tracking and allocating resources to close KAS.
9. Makes or assists with changes to or the creation of Standard Work Instructions.
10. Ensure all team members help create and support all 5S initiatives.
11. Proactively work to anticipate problems before they impact production.
12. Report attendance, scheduling, and direct resources.
13. Champion process improvements, and ensure that changes associated with Continuous Improvement (CI) activities are implemented consistently.
14. Learn, model, and mentor team members to learn CI principles.
15. Work overtime as needed by the department.
16. Actively participate in Continuous Improvement teams and activities, including 5S, blitzes, Shift Start-up, updating PVD boards, etc.
17. Continuously improve through the KAS program, meeting department goals for completed KAS.
18. Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
19. Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
20. Other duties as assigned.
• Maintain safe work behaviors
• High quality products manufactured per task documents
• Meet or exceed department KAS completion goals
• Cross-trained workforce
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma minimum, college degree preferred
• Effective written and oral communication skills (English), basic math skills, and interpersonal skills
• 2-3 years of experience in a manufacturing or production environment, experience in a leadership manufacturing role preferred.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.