BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Principal Engineer, Software Quality in San Diego, California
Job Description SummaryHDS (Hosted and Data Solutions) is responsible for developing core services and analytics applications to help drive process improvements and accountability enterprise-wide for hospitals and IDNs.
HDS uses agile best practices to develop high quality software solutions that integrate data from different data sources including Hospital IT systems and BD products like Infusion Pumps, medication management systems.
Looking for a solutions oriented candidate with PASSION for testing Applications, databases.
Ideal candidate will have the following skill set.
• Strong understanding of software quality concepts and brings systems thinking to testing.
• Relies on experience and judgment to independently come up with Test Strategy, Test Plans and Test Cases.
• Ability to understand end user/product usage scenarios in designing and conducting testing.
• Understands database concepts, data models and techniques for verifying data.
• Able to write SQL queries for validating business rules.
• Understands testing distributed and cloud based applications.
• Brings analytical rigor in solving problems and has strong written and verbal Communication Skills.
• Provide positive influence through behavior, actions and communications.
• Able to work independently under general supervision.
• Able to plan and incorporate test automation in to Test Cycle.
• 5+ years of software testing experience, we prefer prior experience as a test lead with Test Management tools experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in an engineering discipline.
• Agile Environment experience using user stories, providing estimates etc. is a plus
• Programming and Automation is a plus.
• Testing windows services is a plus.
• Experience with cloud and distributed applications is a plus.
Willing to learn and adapt to BD systems
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.