BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Administrative Assistant II in San Antonio, Texas
Job Description SummaryProvides organizational and administrative support to Director, North American Shared Service Center and site. This is a participative, hands-on role that also includes complex administrative responsibilities. This highly-visible position serves as the primary administrative liaison for the San Antonio site. The Administrative Assistant will work independently under strict deadlines, will manage competing priorities, and must handle multiple tasks efficiently.
• Proactively manages complex calendars with competing priorities to keep the Director and NASSC LT abreast of meetings and tasks and to ensure s/he has the information necessary to effectively navigate through their daily, weekly, quarterly and annual priorities.
• Has significant personal interaction with all levels of the organization; must be able to effectively communicate and appropriately represent the site, the Director and members of the LT.
• Handles all administrative matters related to meetings, including booking meeting rooms, arranging catering, gathering supplies, ensuring room is equipped appropriately, etc.
• Organizes, coordinates and attends staff meetings, and site wide meetings as requested.
• Documents all pertinent information either electronically onto a laptop, on flip charts or other forms of note taking.
• Schedules business travel and accommodations, and reconciles and maintains expense reports for executive level staff.
• Processes incoming and outgoing mail; monitors email communication for appointments and commitments.
• Processes incoming calls and determines level of importance and urgency, and elevates appropriately.
• Creates high quality PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets and maintains org charts.
• Administrator-level support for SharePoint- including creating and monitoring groups and user permissions.
• Creates/updates departmental/site files.
• Assembles, compiles and maintains data as directed for regularly scheduled reports and presentations and ad hoc projects.
• Reconciles and submits bills for payment via Buy Smart
• Reconciles and maintains expense reporting for Meeting & Pcard
• Assist with conference room scheduling and setup as needed for other departments
• Responsible for New Hire Paper work/I-9 Forms
• Back up to front desk receptionist, check log, ADP Site Administrator, etc.
• Workers' Compensation Site Contact
• Chairperson for the Employee Activity Committee
• Work with the Associate Resource Group
• Other tasks as assigned
High School Diploma with formal training or equivalent work experience required
5+ years of experience as an Administrative Assistant, Office Assistant or Office Manager
Experience supporting multiple leaders in a multi-functional, fast-paced environment, preferably at a progressively responsible and/or corporate level
Knowledge and Skills:
Self-starter with the desire and ability to take initiative; ability to learn quickly.
Extreme confidentiality and discretion a must; position handles highly confidential information on a regular basis
Demonstrated ability to work independently under time constraints, manage competing priorities and deadlines, and handle multiple tasks efficiently
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, given the significant contact with senior management and external contacts
Ability to work in a large, fast-paced, matrixed organization with aped and accuracy.
Demonstrated ability to use sound, independent judgment in absence of leader.
Event planning skills and experience
Ability to effectively prioritize, complete multiple tasks and change work priorities to meet unexpected deadlines, including working additional hours when necessary
Excel spread sheeting capability with knowledge of formulas
Advanced PowerPoint skills for creation/maintenance of org. charts and presentations
Proficiency in Lotus Notes, Outlook or similar email/calendaring tool
Strong customer service focus, highly organized, responsible, and detail oriented
Ability to prioritize and process high volume of work while maintaining the highest quality
Must be able to identify and resolve problems and requests in a proactive and timely manner
Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully
Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
Ability to exchange information clearly and concisely
High level of professionalism.
Primary Work LocationUSA TX - San Antonio
Work Shift1st Shift 8am-5pm (United States of America)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status