BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Research & Development Associate Engineer in Salt Lake City, Utah
Job Description SummarySummary of Position with General Responsibilities:
We are currently searching for an Associate Engineer for BD in Salt Lake City. The Associate Engineer will perform assigned aspects of product development including but not limited to: upfront engineering & development work, specification writing, as well as verification & validation activities. You will get to work on new products and updates to current products that are part of our industry leading portfolio of medical devices.
Essential job Functions:
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.
• Assist with assignments, be a responsible team member
• Apply relevant engineering principles
• Initiates new or revised documentation and tracks through appropriate approval cycles and implementation
• Maintains a professional working relationship with internal & external customer and support staff
• Represents Function and participates on cross-functional teams
• Provides technical support on components, material methods, systems, processes, and equipment as applicable
• Assists in developing physical and functional test requirements to assure specifications and regulations are met
• May write and review protocols, reports, and data
• Conducts testing outlined in protocols and test methods
• Supports complaint investigations
• Trains on, understands and follows company procedures and regulatory requirements
• Participates in and provides input to training on department & division procedures, and policies
• Analyzes design, process, and test data
• Prepares and presents oral and written project updates and technical discussions
This position requires:
• Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math).
• Candidates with an electrical engineering degree
• Candidates with medical device experience
The incumbent must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the duties and responsibilities.
This position is in an office and laboratory environment and requires the incumbent to sit, stand and perform general office functions. The incumbent may also be required to lift up to twenty five pounds occasionally. The incumbent may be required to stand for extended periods of time. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
The ideal candidate must be able to work in a team oriented, fast paced environment. Bard Access Systems is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Salt Lake City BAS
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status