BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Senior R&D Systems Engineer in Louisville, Colorado
Job Description Summary
A key objective of Becton Dickinson is to stimulate and lead concept and technology innovation. To enable early-stage innovation, we have dedicated a small BioDesign Innovation Team to identify customer needs, including those of the patient, hospital, physician, health system, etc. After gaining a deep understanding of needs through immersion with the customer, the team conceives, invents, prototypes and tests solutions targeted at those needs. The team is charged to identify opportunities that are new to the business, while being highly aligned with the long-term future of BD.
• Sound knowledge of engineering principles
• Strong technical judgement and technical leadership skills
• Demonstrated creation of new concepts and Intellectual Property
• Experience with medical devices
• Creative thinking and unique solutions to solve problems
• Excellent communication skills, with proven ability to present complex ideas to multiple levels
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Strong facilitation and analytical skills with an open mind
• Highly motivated self-starter able to achieve results with minimal oversight
• Strong creative, analytical and problem solving skills required
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) or equivalent in Biomedical Engineering and 5-10 years of work experience.
Master’s degree (M.S.) or equivalent in Biomedical Engineering and 3-5 years of work experience.
Primary Work LocationUSA CO - Louisville
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status