BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Clinical Solutions Specialist in Little Rock, Arkansas
Job Description SummaryThis position functions as a BD IDS Clinical Solutions Specialist focusing primarily on providing field based preanalytical clinical professional service support to Clinical Laboratories, Nursing, Phlebotomy, ED, ICU as well as other inpatient and outpatient healthcare institutions utilizing BD IDS blood and urine collection tubes, devices and microbiology products and solutions. Provides product and preanalytical process field support involving validation, implementation of best practices, product and services, reducing clinical laboratory errors, increasing preanalytical operational efficiency, and reducing costs. KOL collaboration, evidence generation, scientific presentations and publications are key aspects of the role.
Candidates will be expected to help drive the IDS US Regional Clinical Strategy for Medical Affairs, Sales and Marketing utilizing academic credentials, clinical knowledge, and scientific expertise to collaborate with healthcare providers, academic researchers, and scientific organizations. These relationships ensure that key opinion leaders and organizations have access to relevant scientific information, and also that insights gathered externally will be communicated to key cross-functional partners internally. The Clinical Solutions Specialist should have an in-depth understanding of Laboratory Medicine, preanalytical process, LEAN, clinical laboratory compliance and guidelines, post market clinical trials and the current/future landscape.
• Provide direct support to customers for validation studies. Be familiar with blood/urine collection and testing randomization schedules, data review of serum and plasma results, data analysis and statistical methods. Microbiology process and procedures. Report write up, deliver presentations and recommendations.
• Fosters a continually evolving partnership between BD IDS and our valued customer in a clinical advisory capacity
• Engage with key department leaders within the account; identifying critical area for improvement
• Drives clear project goals and expectations in order to achieve process efficiency and department effectiveness goals
• Proactively ensures optimal product utilization, resulting in improved patient and healthcare worker safety
• Facilitates project process using best practices and financial analysis in order to achieve improved specimen quality, reduced turnaround time, sharps and needle stick prevention, and BD product standardization
• Interviews stockholders, observe process owners in support of process improvement recommendations
• Leads and partners in change management activities associated with process improvement recommendations
• Engages leadership and stakeholders to obtain support and buy into process recommendations
• Delivers presentations and reports to various audiences: Nursing, Laboratory, Infection Prevention, Supply Chain, Senior Hospital management and scientific conferences
• Establish and maintain credible peer-to-peer scientific relationships with national/regional key opinion leaders (KOLs) and customers.
• Implement strategic, scientific, and educational initiatives to achieve medical and commercial objectives.
• Serve as the primary resource for clinical and scientific information to external Health Care Professionals (HCPs) for key BD IDS product areas (Blood, Urine, Sharps Safety and Microbiology).
• Customize education and training programs to improve patient outcomes and increase understanding of preanalytical errors, improved specimen workflow and cost containment.
• Work with BD IDS Medical Affairs, Sales and Marketing to execute objectives.
• Interact with various customer segments via one-on-one interactions, small group discussions, IDS Scientific Advisory Boards, and educational symposium presentations.
• Attend and/or present assigned scientific and medical congresses to capture information relevant to the organization’s scientific platforms, and report this information to internal stakeholders.
• Assist in facilitating KOL involvement in national, regional, and local educational forums including advisory boards, investigator meetings, educational symposia, and sponsored promotional programs.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (AS APPLICABLE):
• BS in biological sciences field with 3-5 years of clinical chemistry experience OR Business degree with 8-10 years of clinical laboratory experience OR BSN or advanced nursing degree with 4-6 years of clinical rotation and supervisory experience required
• Medical Technologist or BSN highly preferred.
• MD or PhD (biological sciences) preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Any Associated with Specific Education Levels
• Post graduate business experience with 3-5 years preferred.
• 3-5 years clinical laboratory validation experience, correlations studies, quality and regulatory experience.
• 3-5 years of work experience in the medical device industry is also acceptable.
• Knowledge of excel and statistical programs.
• Experience in Laboratory Medicine/Clinical Pathology or Clinical Nursing is required.
• Travel: 75% travel, including overnight stays
• Demonstrates ability to present approved scientific data to HCPs in both group and individual settings.
• Ability to interpret complicated clinical data.
• Utilization of effective communication to adjust for multiple communication styles.
• Ability to identify unmet medical, educational, and research needs within the medical community.
• Knowledge of the US Healthcare System and the medical device industry, including relevant regulations (FDA), and ethical standards which apply to interactions with HCPs, payers, and industry representatives.
• Knowledge of clinical trial design and process.
• Understands the US healthcare system, medical practice, and clinical decision making in regards to laboratory Medicine.
• Demonstrates ability to develop trust and integrity with peers, and others within the US and Worldwide BD Medical Affairs and Commercial organizations.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Sparks - 7 Loveton Circle
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.