BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) R&D Engineer - Material Expert H/F in Le Pont, France
Job Description Summary
An exciting opportunity has arisen for R&D Engineer - Material Expert role with BD, a global leader in Medical Technology.
As a R&D engineer in the product expert group, you will be responsible of:
· Providing R&D activities and associated commitments in the context of projects initiated by the operations from product impact assessment to design verification testing
· Providing a deep expertise on long-term initiatives of understanding product phenomena and product behaviour on interfaces by measurements, material characterization, adhesion knowledge, tribology, chemical analyses and all other relevant methods. Propose new approached to make progress the product performance or the manufacturing efficiency.
· Bringing expertise in investigations following product failures with a methodic approach and a scientific/experimental background.
You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
You will work under under the supervision of your Team leader and be liaising primarily with internal coworkers. You may have inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
Your main missions will be to:
· Build, develop and maintain product expertise. Drive technical reviews, provide relevant supportive data and issue clear recommendation
· Develop understanding of customer needs and processes, translate them into specifications to ensure relevant and innovative product development solutions. Deliver and own Product requirements & specifications
· Generate all the compliant documentation in respect of internal principles to build a comprehensive product history.
· Responsible for solving technical problems and develop creative and novel solutions
· Ensure appropriate transition from research to development to manufacturing.
· Support customer facing people for legacy product and new product opportunities
· Propose potential inventions and inform BD in accordance with BD Intellectual Property (IP) Process.
· Ensure compliance with BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through appropriate communication, training, and education of sound quality assurance principles.
Primary Work Location
FRA Le Pont-de-Claix Cedex
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.