BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Lab Automation Application Specialist in Le Pont, France
Job Description Summary
The Lab Automation Application Specialist (LAAS) is responsible for project deliverables for the implementation life cycle (pre-installation site planning, customer interfacing/change management, LIS connectivity, customer implementation support, and customer training).
• This role is key to the success of the Lab Automation strategy and is required to collaborate and support our customers with configuration and customization of their systems and to ensure a smooth and efficient implementation.
• This position is primarily responsible for supporting BD’s Lab Automation products, data management middleware and solutions .
• The LAAS will collaborate with the Project Manager, Sales, and other members of the Clinical Solutions team to execute comprehensive project plans.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Contribute to the execution of the implementation process plan aligned with the planning agreements.
• Create and implement programs to insure effective ongoing support of client projects for lab automation products and services. Such as, implementing effective transfer of the project ownership to the customer at acceptance.
• Lead implementation of LIS connectivity and customization of the software to the customer’s existing and unique laboratory setting/system. Majority of hands-on time working with customers will be IT/applications focused, with change management focused on utilizing software and interfacing with their existing LIS system in a new way.
• Ongoing support for BD Kiestra instruments on customer request.
• Execute the technical and organizational implementation programs for clients using various methods (Workflow, change management, etc.).
• Ensure achievement of performance and instrument up-time guarantees written into contracts based on initial assessment.
• Lead technical product training and provide on-site support for customers and sales specialists.
• Communicate learnings from customer interactions with Project Management team.
• Contribute the continuous improvement of project implementation program and maintain effective training materials as part of this.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Ability to demonstrate experience with project management and large scale system implementations
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and strong computer skills (Microsoft Office suite, internet, etc.)
• Mandatory French and English skills (Verbal, written)
• Knowledge of Lab Automation products and services
• Knowledge of the Microbiology laboratories processes and techniques
• Knowledge of information/data management systems and IT architecture and development of custom interfaces with LIS
• Knowledge of workflow in the laboratory
• Knowledge of mechatronics (combination of Mechanical engineering, Electronic engineering)
• Ability to analyze technical related system issues
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, solid organizational / prioritization skills and a passion for providing excellent service
• Ability to multi-task and be adaptable to changing business environments
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Comfortable working in a cross functional dynamic team environment
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Live the BD Values, including but not limited to, the BD Code of Conduct.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• BS/BA Degree in Medical technology (Microbiology, Molecular ...),Mechatronics, or closely related technical discipline.
• Relevant technical background (mechatronics / IT / electrical engineering / engineering or equal), project management experience in a technical / laboratory customer environment.
• Previous experience preferred in medical technology, workflow, Middleware devices, PC knowledge, networking and interface protocols, experience in a Hospital setting supporting Instrumentation and Laboratory Information Systems, and includes TCP/IP interfacing.
• Home based position in France ability to travel internationally up to 80%
If this describes you and your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience? Join our external EMEA Talent Community here: http://bd.tal3nt.community/
Primary Work Location
FRA Le Pont-de-Claix Cedex
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.