BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Molding Processor in Holdrege, Nebraska
Job Description Summary
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD helps customers enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care. bd.com
SUPERVISION/ Sorce of Work Direction
1. Molding team leader
2.Molding Production Coordinator
3. Molding Department Manager
4. SR. Mold Processor
5. Molding Engineering Tech
Direction of Others
1. May be required to give direction to co-workers
. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE,SKILLS AND ABILITIES
. Level of education /knowledge needed.
- High school Diploma or GED
- Completion of Aroutisis molding courses
- Ability to operate a Fork Lift, Electric Pallet Jack and Electric Stacker
- Ability to operate a computer, use email and SAP
REQUIRED; PREVIOUS MECHANICAL
Previous molding experience or Mold Processor apprentice experience.
General knowledge of molding machines resins and processes
Good understanding of mold design and operation.
Thorough knowledge of all molded parts, quality specifications and inspection procedures.
Experience in hydraulics, mechanics and mechanical work and pneumatics.
Experience with the operations of large molding presses and controls
.Technical processing resource.
. covering for absent machine attendant
.Lead by seting a "positive" example for all processors and associates to follow.
.Ensure supportive accurate communication between the shifts.
. Ensuring all job functions in the area, are done correctly prior to the arrival of the next shift.
. Expect and accept personal responsibility for yourself and for others.
. help with the completion of continuous improvement projects
. Understand the improtance of cavity utilization.
. work very closely with the Sr. processor.
. Follow the MD700212 daily
. Promote and Support all of the AMolding Departments goals. ( SAFETY, QUALITY ,PRODUCTION ,FINANCIAL, Scheduling,)
1. Able to perform proper LOTO procedures.
2.Able to un-jam a plugged grinder properly While following correct LOTO procedures.
3. Proper disposal of waste water.
4. :Proper clen up and disposal of waste oil.
5. Location of machine safeties.
6. Know and understand machine safeties, pinch points, and danger areas.
7. Will be trained on fall protection safety
8. Know and understand how to avoid potential burns from molten plastic and heat sources.
9. Know the proper PPE to use and when to use it.
10. Know the location of MSDS and their use.
11. Demonstrate the safe method for clearing plugged hoppers and runner jams
12. Know how to operate overhead cranes safely.
13. Know what to do to address large and small oil leaks properly.
Help SR. processor perform the technical "on the job" training for all machine attendants and material handlers.
Provide opportunities for associates to learn more about the molding process.
Drive to improve the caabilities of the associates.
1. Monitor and Maintain equipment safety devices.
2. Monitor /Maintain proper component quality standards
3. Monitor/Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
4. Monitor/Ensure part containment issues are addressed daily.
5. Coordinate/Monitor proper start up and shut down of the molding processes and the area.
6. Updating Molding Board
7. Coordinate/ Monitor the maintenance and cleaning of the Conair system.
8. Monitor/Ensure resin filters are cleaned daily.
9. Coordinate/Monitor the disposal of the molding purges.
Answering machine alarms
Blocking parts in mold
Perform pull/sets of molding tools
Perform proper color change procedures
Adress all component defects in a timely manner
Maintain press/mold/auxiliary control to avoid damage at start-up/shut down.
Be familiar with all inspection/mold approval procedures
Create SAP Work Orders whenever needed.
Check/Ensure that molds are processed correctly
Trouble-shoot and know how to correct problems with equipment, processes, and components.
Perform/Ensure that parameter sheets are updated
Assist with or ensure the daily cleaning responsibilities are complete on equipment.
Proper clean up and disposal of waste oil.
Check/Ensure that the open cavities are noted on each press every shift
Perform /Ensure that mold protection is checked daily
Will be able to perform the daily cleaning functions correctly in areas and on equipment they are responsible for according to the MD700212
Check/Ensure that the cycle times are correct and maintained every shift
Check/Ensure efficiencies are maintained every shift
Set up and maintain granulators, conveyors, separators,mold temp control unitswater temp control units, rsin dryers and scales for assigned machines.
PRODUCTION REPORTING KSAs
Will be able to enter information into the production reprot spreadsheet correctly and accurately
Will know where the finished goods are stored.
Will be able to take inventory on molded components.
Will be able to perform Resin batch changes
Will be able to order raw material from the Warehouse.
Ensure accurate information is delivered to the SAP clerks
Know the contents and location of the surge bins and silos
Know how to correctly use and reset the cycle counters at the presses
Know how to find, determine, setup and use approximate part weight and the scales for bulk handled components.
Weigh bubbles on floor scales to track/record production.
Miscellaneous clean up of the area.
Required to know how to perfom all duties of the Mold Attendant job description and to be able to fill in for an absent Mold Attendant
Indoor heated and cooled environment
Some daily intermittent exposure to noise and chemicals
Earplugs must be worn
Some amount of physical exertion required: walking, crawling, pulling, kneelsing, climbing, and possibly lifting up to 30lbs frquently and 50lbs occasionally
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT IN THIS DEPARTMENT
1. Must achieve Individual Impact Goals assigned to them by their team leader
2. Must obey all safety programs, policies and regultions.
3. May be required to pass forklift training class and driving test.
4. Must follow all GMP/QSR rules
5. Must cooerate fully with the safety and environmental program.
6. must be able to work in a team environment and fully cooperate with coworkers and management
7. May not pose a direct threat or significant risk to himself/herself or others.
8. Must have regular attendance.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT IN THIS FACILITY
1. The "Essential Functions" and Other listed in descripition do not restrict the addition or deletion of any other responsibilities to this position.
2. Requirments are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and or abilitiie. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or apptitudes to perform each duty successfullly.
3. Managment reserves the right to change any and all job descriptions without notice as business conditions dictate.
4. All employees are expected to know and adhere to the Becton Dickinson Core Values which are:
We treat others with respect. We always seek to improve.
We do what is right. We accept personal responsibility
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an EqualOpportunity/AffirmativeAction Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Holdrege
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 6am-7pm (United States of America)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.