BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Mechanic/Setup in Holdrege, Nebraska
Job Description Summary
ABOUT BECTON DICKINSON (BD) :
One of the most highly respected Medical Technology Companies in the world, Becton Dickinson has been leading healthcare safety and technologies for more than a century. We are over 45,000 associates strong and growing!
At BD Becton, Dickinson & Co., you are one person making one big difference. You are a key member of a team that is an important part of a leading, purposeful company committed to advancing the world of health. No matter what role you play, you can be confident that you are improving lives, all over the world. And as you progress with us, your impact will only grow.
BD provides comprehensive total rewards benefits for all of its employees. Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of compensation
Basic life and AD&D provided
Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
Paid holidays and vacation(pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Varying work shifts and schedules, some include every other weekend (Friday – Sunday) off.
Set up and maintain automatic, semi-automatic and hand operated machines so that parts produced will conform to all quality specifications. Maintain proper flow through area of responsibility.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
1. Set up all automatic, semi-automatic and hand operated machines so that all products produced will meet all quality specifications
2. Maintain all machinery as required
3. Make all repairs to machines and notify proper personnel of necessary major repair
4. Examine machines for defects, dismantle and repair as necessary
5. Create work orders and notifications and close PM work orders on time after completing PM task
6. Perform preventive maintenance as dictated by the maintenance planner
7. Instruct operators concerning proper methods for the purpose of attaining maximum quality and quantity production in a professional manner
8. Work with engineering in making recommendations for modifying equipment.
9. Schedule work and requisition material as required
10. Assist in training new personnel in all jobs in the department as required
11. Assist team leader in planning and controlling the quality and quantity of production
12. Actively participates as a team member with operators, utilities and all other personnel working in assigned area
13. Responsible for quality of product after machine repairs. Ensures product quality meets specifications and proper documentation is completed
14. Responsible for informing team leader of machine problems or other causes of production stoppages
15. Learn all quality inspections
16. Observe all plant safety standards and perform job safety analysis. Must know lock out procedures and Safety Key Interrupt procedures
17. Routinely checks with operators on equipment in a proactive manner for any quality or operational issues
18. Works with limited supervision
Minimum Requirement: High school diploma or GED
Vocational / Technical School/ Associates Degree preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
Previous mechanical experience or equivalent (required)
Strong mechanical aptitude with basic mechanical knowledge and skill.
Proven knowledge of basic mechanical drive systems and components including but not limited to:
- cam motions
- intermittentmotion indexers
- gear drive transmissions
- prime movers - electrical motors, etc
- bearingsand bushings - repair & replacement
- timing & synchronization of mechanical drive trains
Basic electrical and electronic knowledge sufficient to troubleshoot problems and assist electronic technician in repairs
Ability to understand valve diagrams
Strong understanding of mechanical and electrical vibratory feed systems with the ability to repair preferred
Basic leadership skill in order to perform incidental supervision
Proven problem solving and decision making skills
Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
Well-developed planning and organizational skills
Preferred understanding of pneumatic systems including:
- fluidic and pneumatic components (valves, cylinders, control devices, regulators, flow controls, etc.)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an EqualOpportunity/AffirmativeAction Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Holdrege
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status