BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Senior Manager - Product Engineering Team in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Job Description SummaryDiabetes Care, a business unit of the BD Medical Segment, is currently renewing its strategy for growth and is bringing in key talent in several functions. The growth strategy includes strengthening our core diabetes drug delivery devices as well as enabling expansion of our diabetes care portfolio. The Diabetes Care business unit has a long history within BD and is unique in that it focuses on one important disease state that is a threat to world health. The business unit is comprised of more than 2,000 associates globally and the R&D team consists of approximately 70 team members.
The Product Engineering Team Leader (PETL) position reports to the Project Management Office (PMO) Director of R&D for Diabetes Care and is based in Franklin Lakes, NJ. The successful candidate will bring engineering and project management skills to all activities aimed at sustaining the existing portofolio of Diabeter Care Injection products. The candidate will play a key role in managing critical projects for the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
•This postion offers a unique opportunity to lead a portfolio of projects that are critical to the continued viability of the business.
•The PETL will work at the interface of multiple stakeholders and will serve as a liaison between business leadership, functional management and individual project leaders.
•Lead a cross-functional team comprised of functional managers for coordinating sustaining engineering projects which impact compliance, form/fit/function, cost savings, line extensions and other business opportunities across all plants, quality, and marketing.
•Duties involve consolidating, prioritizing, resourcing and monitoring progress of cross functional projects within the injection platform of Diabetes Care Business Unit.
•Drive project prioritization utilizing appropriate model / methodology and get consensus across functions to focus on projects that create value for the Business. Collaborate closely with the R&D Director and the Injection Platform Business Leader to achieve this outcome.
•Work with managers from different functions to ensure allocation of resources and discretionary spending.
•Work with individual project leaders to ensure appropriate planning and rigor is maintained to ensure success of these projects.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in a technical field, preferably in an engineering or scientific discipline, with at least ten (10) years of working experience in engineering, project management, personnel management, preferably in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry with a successful track record of delivering products to market and successfully supporting products in the market after launch.
• Five (5) years of experience in leading a group of cross-functional team members
• Demonstrate strong and clear accountability for operational and program success
• Demonstrate leadership, learning agility and action orientation when facing uncertainty. Instill confidence through leadership and actions.
• Highly-motivated, execution-focused leader with the ability to self-define activities necessary for successful project completion
• Inspire and motivate a team to achieve a common goal or purpose
• Demonstrate good judgment and timely decision-making
• Foster the development of team members to excel in their performance, both functionally and cross-functionally.
• Possesses the skills, knowledge and aptitude to engage, influence, and direct all skill sets in his or her organization.
• Experience with products designed for high volume manufacturing, and experience with life cycle management of the same.
• Strong demonstrated organizational leadership skills, interpersonal, influence, and conflict management skills.
• Solid technical and project management judgment, strong communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience in project planning, management, and budgeting with an orientation towards building and leading effective teams.
• Experience in managing multiple work streams and competing priorities.
• Experience with, and thorough understanding of disciplined product development processes, regulatory, and quality requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively and clearly communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals and teams
• Experience with ISO requirements and GMP guidelines, FDA regulations, medical device design control, and manufacturing scale up processes
• Proficient in Microsoft office products, with emphasis on Excel, and Word.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Additional LocationsIRL Dun Laoghaire - Pottery Road, USA MA - Andover
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status