BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Customer Quality Specialist in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Job Description SummaryReporting to the Customer Quality Center in-house team, the Customer Quality Specialist is an integral member of the Pharmaceutical Systems Customer Quality organization. The Customer Quality Specialist is responsible for responding to Pharmaceutical Systems customer’s quality and technical inquiries and documentation requests, including identifying the objective behind customer requests, identifying the proper sources of information within BD for the reply, triaging and gathering various elements for responses (using BD databases, associate feedback, etc.), authoring and/or collating reports/replies and ensuring that responses meets the customers’ needs. The Customer Quality Specialist is responsible for utilizing various BD IT systems (e.g. Customer Portal, GlobeShare sites, Salesforce.com, etc.) to perform effectively in the role, and may perform other duties, as assigned.
The Customer Quality Specialist must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, perform multiple tasks within various projects and systems, triage tasks according to their level of importance, pay close attention to detail and ensure that all assigned tasks are completed in a timely manner. The Customer Quality Specialist will also build and maintain effective relationships with internal departments and customers to promote customer centricity.
1. Resolves worldwide Quality and Technical customer questions, inquiries and documentation requests, including:
Ensuring the proper understanding and objective behind the customer’s requests.
Identifying internal sources of information; partnering with internal departments to retrieve and validate information, including Quality, Operations, Sales, Supplier Quality, Regulatory Affairs, R&D, Finance, Medical Affairs, Supply Chain, etc..
Supporting the development of Quality packages for Pharmaceutical customers (e.g. to support regulatory filings, etc.) in coordination with Sr. Customer Quality Specialists and internal departments.
Utilizing IT tools, including the Customer Portal, Quality Globeshare site, SAP, TrackWise, etc..
Ensuring responses are timely, per customer expectations, Quality Agreements and established metrics.
2. Supports the development, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of Customer Quality tools (Salesforce.com, Customer Portal, etc.). May submit, open and track RMAs (Return Material Authorizations) associated with Customer Complaints. Review, consolidate and issue customer site audit requests to PS manufacturing plants.
3. Support the preparation and audit readiness of the plant network by providing audit history, customer profile and other relevant information.
4. Resolves questions and concerns effectively and efficiently by communicating clearly and concisely, and assuring customer understanding.
5. Keeps record of customer interactions, recording details of inquiries, comments and actions taken within applicable IT systems.
6. Conducts metrics reporting and trending using IT tools (Excel, etc.) on behalf of Customer Quality (field team). Liaises closely with field Customer Quality Managers (CQMs) and Quality leadership in various Regions and Business Segments to achieve Quality objectives within agreed upon timelines.
Job Specific Overview:
Demonstrates a commitment to service, organizational values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times. Adheres to and exhibits BD’s core values.
Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with peers, customers, visitors, staff and the broader PS and BDX community.
Has solid verbal communication skills, and is capable of interfacing with both internal teams (Quality, Operations, R&D, Technical Services, Sales, etc.) and external customers.
Enjoys working in a fast paced professional environment.
Has excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
Works collaboratively and supports efforts of other team members.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Typically requires a BS degree in science, engineering or other relevant discipline.
Minimum 3 years of experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device or other regulated field (GMP mainly, GLP, GCP), in the areas of quality assurance, quality control, quality systems, regulatory compliance, and/or quality improvement is preferred.
Strong technical writing experience strongly preferred (minimum conversational English required; conversational French preferred).
Experience utilizing enterprise IT systems (SAP, TrackWise, Globeshare, etc.) strongly preferred.
Ability to work effectively across diverse areas of BD.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes
Additional LocationsFRA Le Pont-de-Claix Cedex
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status