BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) EMEA Marketing Director MMS in Eysins, Switzerland
Job Description Summary
Reporting to VP/GM Medication Management Solutions EMEA, the Marketing Director will be critical to the continued success of the MMS business within the BD Medical segment. The appointed individual will have responsibility for overseeing the development and implementation of the marketing strategy for MMS in the Europe and EMA region.
• Provides leadership on all marketing-related aspects for the regions. Hereby ensures strong and effective operational links with the Country Business Leaders, the Country Marketing teams and the EMEA Functional Leaders.
• Serves as a leader and coach and enables marketing synergies to make our marketing organisation more robust to cope with future opportunities.
• Leads the monitoring and analysis of the regional markets (patient demographics, competition, industry trends, public policies) and the definition of the MMS value proposition for all its products.
• Acts as a Marketing Champion in the area of Product Launches.
• Key driver in sensing, communicating and developing new market opportunities and approaches.
• Responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of the EMEA marketing plan. For the European Leadership Team, facilitates the translation of regional and WW marketing strategies into key tactical decisions and action plans.
• Provides coaching for own marketing team with focus on developing people and building a team. Responsible for constantly upgrading knowledge and skills for direct team and, in close cooperation with the Country Business Leaders, for the country marketing teams.
• Assures full contribution and support as a member of the European Leadership Team. Contributes to the WW MMS Strategy via constant communication with the WW Infusion Systems and Dispensing Business and WW Marketing Team. Ensures the representation of the voices of EMEA on a WW level.
• Successful execution of the role requires significant depth and breadth of marketing knowledge and experience.
• An established track record and experience in leading a team of professionals are a must.
• The candidate for the role will have the ability to build and communicate a vision and strategy, set direction and drive results.
• Strategic and analytical capabilities, and sound business acumen are a must, Business management experience is a plus.
• Successful execution of the role implies a broad set of established competencies. The ability for continued personal and professional growth is viewed as key for sustained contribution in this role. This growth is supported by the following set of competencies.
• Business Acumen
• Interpersonal Skills
• Acts with integrity
• Managerial Courage
• Leading and Developing People
• Seeks and uses feed back
• Living BD Values
• Influencing others
• Flexes big picture view and tactics
• Teambuilding and brings team spirit
• The cultural fit will be critical, with emphasis on the drive to succeed as well as strong interpersonal skills. The ability to build strong coalitions and influence the key stakeholders (Business Leaders in the countries, members of the European Marketing team, and US Marketing team), to leverage their strengths to drive growth, will also be the key to success. S/he must also bring strong leadership and strong man management skills with the ability to dealing with difficult situations and complex problem solving. S/he will need to be of a “high potential” calibre, both ambitious for, and capable of, further international career development within the company, with a Business Leader or Country General Manager being a probable next step.
The role will be based in Eysins, Switzerland.
Primary Work Location
CHE Eysins - Business Park Terre-Bonne
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.