BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) IT Business Analyst - Supply Chain - EMEA in Erembodegem, Belgium
Job Description Summary
The IT Business Analyst Supply Chain works in close partnership with business process owners, business partners, COE’s, key users and other team members to understand business requirements and from there drives the analysis, design and implementation of quality technical solutions.
He/she takes part in the “One Team”-ambitions within the global services group with a specific focus on the EMEA region in the Supply Chain function.
Generic areas of responsibilities
· Domain solution owner for Supply Chain related platforms, with a specific focus on the EMEA specific business needs as part of the globally available solution offering.
· With a key focus on solution-agnostic process mapping, the Business Analyst translates business needs into functional requirements, system requirements and/or processes, while supporting the discovery and/or localization of various ICT solutions within the whole scale of Application Lifecycle stages (In development/ Emerging/Mainstream/End-Of-Life/Decommissioned).
· The Business Analyst will act as a functional “consultant” that based on the desired business outcomes/requirements can come up with solution landscape proposals, combining internal BD capabilities from COE’s and external new vendors/technologies
· While building up his/her knowledge in processes & solutions, the Business Analyst will act as a Subject Matter Expert within the Supply Chain function.
· Responsible for execution demand through delivery as outlined in the standard IT operating model
o Plan : Being a trained and qualified resource the business analyst takes up responsibility for executing activities and author SDLC deliverables as defined in the Validation Plan, Compliance Plan or as outlined in the deliverables list. As a project team member the Business Analyst can be involved in a project, enhancement or a simple break/fix.
o Design : Provides input to Functional Requirements Specifications, Functional Risk Assessment, System Design Specifications and the Design Review Summary Report
o Build: Provides input to OQ and PQ Test Scripts. Finalizes the Traceability Matrix
o Deploy: Ensures all the documentation for the project has been completed
· The Business Analysist will be instrumental to operational escalations, while acting as a subject matter expert providing assistance on root cause analysis & incident resolution activities when/where considered necessary
· The business analyst will be actively involved in process assessment, improvement, review and readiness assessments
· The business analyst will actively support change management and transition to stabilization
· From a mindset point-of-view, the business analyst will act as an example of teamwork and actively drive collaboration, with respect to cross-function, regional or business variety
· The business analyst will establish an active collaboration with external vendors, while being mandated to challenge vendor’s effort assessments
· The business analyst will keep an holistic overview of all the process & technological building blocks, see how they work together and which enablers (teams/work/resources) are needed to realize this.
Specific responsibilities will consist of:
· Assists the Project Leader or IT Partner/Account Manager in collecting and documenting user requirements in order to develop a good insight in the business needs of the customer. For that reason, the IT Business Analyst has developed a good understanding of relevant business processes, supporting system functional capabilities and operational business usage of the systems. He or she is also able to design and facilitate such user requirements gathering sessions.
· For new requests, performs a high level feasibility assessment (FA) to create understanding of level of complexity and required total effort to implement the request.
· Assist key users, process owners, etc. to ensure crisp and clear user requirements allowing clear & clean scope baselining of the change/project requirements
· Translates user requirements into system requirements (SRS) and subsequently designs and documents the appropriate technical solution design (SDS).
· Organizes design reviews of the proposed solution with the relevant stakeholders to ensure consistency across the URS-SRS-SDS documents and with the overall application design & landscape, while maintaining a dynamic traceability matrix ensuring end to end consistency.
· For larger projects, assists the project leader in assessing system risks and in developing mitigation plans to be able to control (possible) risks. For smaller requests, performs this activity in a self-sufficient manner.
· Develops detailed work breakdowns (of the application development process) and provides this information to the Project Leader and/or Capacity Planner and Scheduler as input for long term and short term demand planning. Monitors the actual effort for the work breakdown to be able to adjust the planning if necessary.
· Configures the application based on the business process documents, considering the (validated) user roles and authorizations, in order to meet the specific user requirements and roles.
· Supervises Developers to ensure that the actual development or modification of computer programs is according to the produced specifications and time schedule
· Occasionally, develops or modifies in computer programs him/herself for highly complex issues or in emergency/peak workload situations.
· Quality assurance of the test scenario’s and testing scripts with the business key users, in line with the traceability ensuring completeness and consistency against the outlined requirements.
· Develops in close collaboration with the project leader and/or IT Partner/account manager the required test plans.
· Supervises Developers’ IT unit testing of configured objects in order to track down errors in configured objects.
· Organizes IT integration testing of the configured solution and resolves identified application configuration errors or integration issues.
· Organizes or supports in close cooperation with the Project leader and/or IT Partner/account manager User Acceptance Testing and resolves identified application configuration errors, integration issues, user access or master data problems.
· Organizes cutover preparation activities, and post-cutover system configuration/compilation activities to ensure smooth go live of the change/project.
· Ensures that while executing the above, all required actions have been taken to fully comply with BD regulatory requirements, IT policies, guiding methodologies (SDLC, SAP Everest,…) and standard operating procedures.
· Gives training in his/ her domain of expertise in order to share knowledge on the application to the customer so that an efficient use of the application is possible.
· Gives training in his/her domain of expertise to the BD Service Desk organization in order to ensure an efficient support can be offered to associates.
· Acts as a Tier 3 consultant in the incident resolution process, both within or outside office hours, providing aid in his/her area of expertise.
· Supports system maintenance or upgrade activities as required.
· Keeps up to date with the most recent trends and evolutions in his/her area, both externally, as within the global BD IT context to be able to create maximum leverage of the global BD IT architecture, and come with innovative solutions pro-actively.
· Can be a project leader and is in that role responsible for the completion of a project or change.
· Documents business applications in compliance with the SDLC methodology
· Has a strong innovation-oriented mindset
· Has a healthy interest and sufficiently deep understanding in technology solution components.
· Has a bachelor degree or equivalent through experience.
· Has 3-5 years of experience in an IT position in support of Supply Chain solutions (e.g. SAP, alternative ERP systems).
· Familiar with working in a highly governed IT environment, subject to regulatory requirements.
· Familiar with structured portfolio & project management methodologies.
· Shows potential and appetite to assume ad hoc project leadership role.
· Functional / Technical Skills in Supply Chain solutions
· Familiar with 6sigma, Lean are a plus.
· Fluent in English, verbal and written.
· Strong Learning agility & self-development.
· Interpersonal and cross-cultural savvy, team player.
· Proven skills in process management, time management, customer focus and problem solving.
· Takes initiatives, shows creativity and innovation.
· Strong teamplayer
Primary Work Location
BEL Erembodegem - Dorp 86
BEL Temse - Laagstraat
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.