BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Supplier Quality Engineer in Columbus, Nebraska
Job Description Summary
This Position will provide support to the Supplier Quality Management Program for the business. Responsible for monitoring Supplier Quality and working closely with the Supplier on a variety of activities. Responsible for MRB meetings and reviewing Supplier Corrective Action. Support and Lead Supplier Quality audits, Validation work, oversee Incoming Inspection Department and QM Module in SAP. Responsible for all Buy Specifications and their associated specifications.
1. Responsible for: Supplier Quality Management program and Supplier Audits.
2. Responsible for communicating and working with Suppliers in regards to Quality issues.
3. Participate on Supplier Improvement project teams.
4. Responsible for Incoming Inspection for raw materials in the plant.
5. Assist in Internal audits and ISO/FDA audits.
6. Responsible for SAP updates for the Quality Module (QM Views, inspection plans, Quality info records).
7. Responsible for performing Validations associated with Supplier related changes.
8. Performing associate ISO/GMP training.
9. Responsible for tracking Supplier quality on a monthly / quarterly basis, i.e. RFT, Notifications.
10. Presenting to management quality and regulatory issues on a timely basis.
11. Responsible for revising and creating Buy Specifications and working in SAP.
12. Work closely with Purchasing on Supplier related activity.
13. Track Wise system for CID, CAPA and AIR.
1. Must have highly developed computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
2. Working knowledgeable of ISO 9001:2008, ISO 13485:2003 and 21 CFR Part 820.
3. Problem solving abilities a plus. Able to perform root cause analysis.
4. Six Sigma / Lean and Statistics background a plus.
5. Familiar with basic knowledge of Validations.
6. Must be organized and be able to implement programs and projects.
7. Capable of making or leading presentations to all levels of management.
8. Ability to communicate and work with all levels of Plant, Division and Supplier Personnel.
Knowledge and Experience:
Education: Four year Bachelor’s degree. Quality engineering experience preferred.
Experience: Audit training with 5 years auditing experience preferred. Lead Auditor experience
Direct: One Supplier Quality Representatives – hourly associates
1. Reports directly to Quality Systems Manager and has authority over one Supplier Quality Representative.
2. Must be familiar with all specifications/procedures associated with Supplier Quality and Incoming Inspection.
3. Must comply with the department protective clothing, safety, and management policies.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (West)
Work Shift1st Shift 8am-530pm (United States of America)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status