BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) SCF Production Lead - C Shift in Columbus, Nebraska
Job Description Summary
Responsible for supporting coach and leading associates in an engaged manner to achieve desired results in an assigned manufacturing area. Responsible to serve as the shift start up facilitator, handle resource and product scheduling, assure associates are adequately trained, assist in continuous improvement efforts and provide direction for production associates. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ability to speak, read and write English. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
Living the BD Values
We do what is right
We take personal responsibility
We anticipate and address the challenges of patients and customers globally
We innovate and improve continuously
We respect, collaborate, challenge and care about each other
1. Monitor team members to ensure compliance to manufacturing documents.
2. Directs daily work and provides timely performance feedback to associates.
3. Directs training for associates in their assigned area(s).
4. Responsible for all process documentation accuracy, completion, and handoff.
5. Report attendance, scheduling, and direct the resource allocation.
6. The Production Lead will interact with other Production Leads and associates on the respective/ajoining shifts to share best practices, create standardization, and ensure a smooth transition between shifts. Production Leads are required to work a schedule that allows for this to occur seamlessly.
7. Respond when an issue is identified, lead the root cause and corrective action investigation as needed, and escalate as required.
8. Enable the development and training of associates by responding to requests and department needs. Assists with changes to Standard Work Instructions.
9. Proactively work to anticipate problems before they impact production.
10. Provide input to performance appraisals and performance improvement/corrective action plans.
11. Champion process improvements and ensure that changes associated with Continuous Improvement (CI) activities are implemented consistently in their area.
12. Other duties as assigned.
This position supervises …
Ensure manufactured products meet the established quality requirements.
Meet or exceed operational objectives (i.e. safety, quality, production, cost, etc.).
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
This position has the following educational requirements:
Minimum High School diploma
Preferred Associate's Degree
- Two years experience in an automated manufacturing environment (Preferably medical device manufacturing).
Minimum Physical Requirements or Demands:
- Defined PCP level: 3
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (East)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status