BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Molding Engineering Coordinator in Columbus, Nebraska
Job Description SummaryUnder the direct supervision of the PosiFlush Manager, directs Molding Technical, and Engineering resources on seven shifts to ensure compliance to cost, quality, safety, human resource, and regulatory plans and requirements.
•This individual will develop and implement improved methods of molding procedures and processes that result in improved molding operations. Will lead and direct molding process improvement teams and procure and validate new or modified molds and presses. This individual will perform both at a (multi-program) level and at the task level.
Manages molding activities for PosiFlush to achieve an overall objective of continuous improvement in productivity, quality, cost, budget compliance, and attainment of strategic objectives.Leads and directs improvement plans for molding operation’s teams. Will be responsible for the development of team members in mold, press, and auxiliary equipment improvements.
• Effectively communicates with other functions to maximize production and quality, and ensures production equipment achieves budgeted production yields. Directs technical resources as available to resolve production problems.
• Interviews and selects internal and external applicants for technical and engineering positions, coordinates employee training, conducts performance appraisals, provides advice and assistance to employees, and fairly and consistently administers company policies and procedures.
• Assists the Manager in budget development, quality improvement, cost reduction, schedule compliance, capacity planning, regulatory compliance, goal development and attainment.
• Acts as leader, coach, team builder to the employees directly reporting to him/her. Builds networks and stakeholders in those non-direct reporting employees who support and enhance the continuous improvement of the manufacturing unit.
• Creates a learning environment that encourages independent thinking by providing critical information rapidly, building relationships and trust between associates and teams, and establishing team norms and standards, congruent with BD Values.
•Teams with Mold Repair on scheduling, prioritization, and improvement implementation of molds and molding processes.
•Prepares a plan for procurement of capital equipment, including obtaining of quotes, vendor investigation, budgeting, and scheduling. Prepares mold, press, and auxiliary equipment specifications, places orders, coordinates procurement, installs equipment, debugs and coordinates the start up of new or modified molds.
• Coordinates and leads the validation of new molds, presses, and auxiliary equipment using the molding validation tool kit. Must also apply and teach scientific molding methodologies.
• Leader of Molding BLT.
• Champion Mold Validations using 6 Sigma and minitab tools.
• Become knowledgeable on regulatory policies and procedures, such as GMP, ISO, OSHA, EPA, etc, and comply.
4 yr. Plastics Engineering or Engineering Degree Preferred
Years of Relevant Experience:
5 years molding experience preferred
Minimum of 2 years leading people desired
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status. #LI-OPS
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (West)
Work ShiftUS BD 1st Shift 8am-5pm (United States of America)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.