BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Mechanical Technician- D Shift in Columbus, Nebraska
Job Description SummaryProvides mechanical support to assigned department to achieve production and quality goals. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ability to speak, read and write English is required. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
1. Support luer forming department production by keeping machines in proper working order.
2. Monitor waste throughput using MES system, using information to prioritize work.
3. Maintain equipment to reduce down time by performing required PM’s.
4. Assist production with the resolution of quality issues.
5. Order replacement parts as required.
6. Identify and implement process improvements, using the Change Initiation Request (CIR) process.
7. Assist with Engineering projects as required.
8. Required to work during plant shut down periods to perform PM’s and assist with Engineering projects.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, or (KSA):
Mechanical/Technical Systems : Proficient/Working KSA
Equipment troubleshooting: Proficient/Working KSA
Electrical: Basic or Simple KSA
Computer: Basic or Simple KSA
Glass forming experience preferred.
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (East)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.