BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Mechanical Technician - 1st Shift in Columbus, Nebraska
Job Description SummaryProvides mechanical support to assigned department to achieve production and quality goals. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ability to speak, read and write English. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
1. Support staked forming department production by keeping machines in proper working order.
2. Maintain equipment to reduce down time by performing required PM’s.
3. Order replacement parts as required.
4. Identify and implement process improvements, using the Change Initiation Request (CIR) process.
5. Assist with Engineering projects when required.
6. Required to work during plant shut down periods to perform PM’s and assist with Engineering projects.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSA):
Mechanical/Technical Systems :Proficient/Working KSA
Equipment troubleshooting:Proficient/Working KSA
Electrical:Basic or Simple KSA
Computer:Basic or Simple KSA
High School Diploma
Glass Form Experiencce
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (East)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.