BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Manufacturing Process Engineer in Canaan, Connecticut
Job Description SummaryReports to the Manufacturing Engineer Leader. Responsible for the implementation of project and process support activities toward attainment of departmental and plant goals. Primary focus in areas of capacity expansion, quality/waste improvement and cost improvement programs. Required to handle multiple assignments of varying scope and complexity.
1. Responsible for the design and implementation of machine improvements and capital equipment project management activities. Proficient in mechanical design and troubleshooting.
2. Directs personnel in the troubleshooting and maintenance of cam driven mechanisms and pneumatic and hydraulic equipment used in the production process.
3. Supports the plant manufacturing effort, with proven ability to identify problems and pursue plans toward their resolution. Specific focus will be in areas of improving upon chronic levels of quality, waste and equipment efficiencies.
4. Clear understanding of the role of Engineering in a manufacturing environment.
5. Has knowledge of proper Engineering practices and vendor relationships.
6. Responsible for coordinating activities between equipment vendors, Division R&D and plant functional departments on his/her assignments.
7. Ability to handle projects of a moderate to large scope requiring extensive coordination. Will be required to handle several assignments (project & process duties) simultaneously.
8. Prepares and submits capital appropriation requests and controls expenditures on these projects as required.
9. Has knowledge of established safety standards and operator interface with equipment.
10. Completes or supervises the completion of necessary designs, drawings, calculations and specifications on associated equipment.
11. Recommends vendors for commercial items and materials needed for a project.
12. Establishes which elements comprising a job are suitable for in-house fabrication or revision and which items would
be best contracted. Secure quotations and select contractors; direct the contractor’s efforts or the efforts of in-house
forces to a satisfactory scheduled completion of the necessary work. Supervise and inspect all work in-process by
contractors or plant forces; provide guidance where necessary.
13. Responsible for the recommendation of capital equipment or process modifications, their physical installation,
debugging and associated training of production personnel.
14. Required to have awareness of product performance and quality requirements within scope of his/her assignments.
15. As required within the scope of his/her duty responsible for all associated documentation, including however not
limited to the following; validations, Operations Procedures, Preventive Maintenance schedules, Engineering
Change Notifications, spare parts listings, etc.
16. Required to develop a firm understanding of all equipment for which he/she is responsible to include set-up,
adjustment and assessment of possible improvements.
17. Responsible for realization of budgeted cost reductions and productivity improvements.
18. Accountable for spending (capital or expense) within approved limits on programs.
1. Performs other duties as required by the Manufacturing Engineer Leader.
2. Directs the efforts of support personnel such as machinists and technicians, etc. in the modification, adjustment,
removal and installation of new or existing equipment as required.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related field.
Experience: No experience required with the above degree.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA CT - Canaan
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.