BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Production Shift Supervisor - Special Products in Broken Bow, Nebraska
Job Description Summary
The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
1. Insure that every associate is treated fairly and equally.
2. Assists in the planning and scheduling of product manufacturing requirements supplied from
3. Assures employee involvement is actively pursued, targeted at increasing capacities, improving
quality, reducing waste levels and improving the working environment.
4. Directs hourly personnel within the department.
5. Monitors daily productivity and waste reports. Identifies problem areas deterring from the
department meeting established budgeted costs of operation and reviews with the department
supervisor appropriate corrective actions.
6. Plans staffing needs for meeting production schedules. Coordinates requisitioning of personnel
with the lead facilitators and the department manager.
7. Interviews job applicants and assure all new hired employees are provided on-the-job training and
that this training is documented.
8. Assures all product produced on the shift meets all established quality guidelines and all
operations meet GMP requirements.
9. Assures pro-active measures are employed to provide a safe working environment and
that safety is emphasized to all personnel.
10. Assures company equipment and other company investments within the department are
11. Maintains and reviews appropriate attendance and performance records on all employees taking
preventative and corrective measures to control below standard behaviors and performance.
12. Consults with management regarding special employee problems, needed policy changes, and
labor relations climate.
13. Informs all personnel within the department of changes of policy and appropriate management
14. Makes suggestions to management regarding standards, equipment modifications, and tooling for
needed improvement within the department.
15. Assists in coordinating necessary preventative maintenance work.
16. Keeps abreast of machine developments or modifications that are applicable to the production
operations and makes recommendations as appropriate for new equipment acquisitions.
17. Assists in assuring all equipment maintenance and rebuilds are planned and completed during
the annual shutdown period.
18. Reviews pertinent information relative to the preparation of the annual budget for the department.
19. Assists in the preparation of the annual budget process.
20. Participates in the development of Plant policies. Administers wage and salary administration
practices within Plant policy guidelines.
SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
1. Ensure new employees review and understand their Job Safety
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Broken Bow
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.