BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Sr Test Engineer in Bayan Lepas, Malaysia
Job Description Summary
Be the Difference in Software Test Engineering
BD’s Life Sciences – Diagnostic Systems (Point-of-care testing) has extensive research and production experience in developing near-patient testing solutions for rapidly detecting a wide range of pathogens, including respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), influenza A+B and group A streptococcus (GAS).
BD is looking for a highly motivated and results oriented Senior Software Test Engineer to support product development/maintenance with verification and validation to test and qualify products and solutions in our Penang office.
Be the Senior Software Test Engineer
• Understand the product circuitry and firmware operation thoroughly enough to design and develop a test strategy and methodology for production
• Collaborate with project teams (local and remote) to derive requirements, specifications and provide schedule and resource estimations
• Research, select, procure, and implement tester hardware. Write instrument interface drivers as required to integrate instruments into the production test system
• Write and review test plan, test cases, test summary report, and other test documents as needed. Participate in hands-on creation and execution of test cases
• Verify test function operation using statistical analysis. Assist in determining test limits to guarantee product operation and production yield targets
• Understand the customer requirements and help to develop test cases for product verification and validation
• Prepare the necessary documents for FDA compliance relating to test methodology and execution
• Participate as part of the production NPI team to set up the production line in Malaysia
• Work with the production NPI team to continuously improve the product quality and test coverage during the NPI stage.
• Assist production in troubleshooting critical failures. Provide post product release technical support.
• Engage in continuous improvement of test process and practice enhancement
Bachelor or Masters in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electronics Engineering or equivalent
At least 5 years of experience in a Systems Design Role or Test Engineering Design Role
Strong technical background in electrical or electronics engineering and software development
Experience in programming languages, such as Matlab, C/C++ is strongly desired
Demonstrated ability to learn, introduce and improve new and existing test practice and process
Strong organizational skills of working with cross-functional teams
Strong writing and verbal communications skills are essential.
Strong focus on customer experience and product quality
Familiarity with FDA regulations for medical instruments, for example, ISO 13485 standards is desired
Experience in medical device manufacturing is a plus
Primary Work Location
MYS Bayan Lepas - Penang
BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health.